Quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution's system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. Taking a concrete step in the direction towards excellence PLC has established a central IQAC Cell in the college.
Goals of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Role of the Coordinator
Coordinator, IQAC bears the following roles and responsibilities:
- To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution
- To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
Operational Features of the IQAC at PU
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
The following are members of IQAC: Faculty Members
- Dr. P. Aravinda, Principal I/c.
- Smt. V. Shobha Rani, Academic Coordinator & IQAC Coordinator
- Sri. A. V. Syam Prasad, Asst. Professor (Law)
- Smt. A. Vani, Asst. Professor (Law)
- Sri. G. Vaishnav Kumar, Asst. Professor (Law)
- Dr. L. Padmavathi, Asst. Professor (Law)